- Yoo E-H, Roberts JE, Eum Y, Li X, Chu L, Wang P and Chen K. Short-term exposure to air pollution and mental disorders: a case-crossover study in New York City. Environmental Research: Health. 2022.
- Lin C, Ma Y, Liu R, Shao Y, Ma Z, Zhou L, Jing Y, Bell ML, Chen K. Associations between short-term ambient ozone exposure and cause-specific mortality in rural and urban areas of Jiangsu, China. Environmental Research 2022:113098.
- Ni W, Schneider A, Wolf K, Zhang S, Chen K, Koenig W, Peters A, Breitner S. Short-term effects of cold spells on plasma viscosity: Results from the KORA cohort study in Augsburg, Germany. Environmental Pollution 2022:119071.
- Gao Q, Zang E, Bi J, Dubrow R, Lowe SR, Chen H, Zeng Y, Shi L, Chen K. Long-term ozone exposure and cognitive impairment among chinese older adults: A cohort study. Environment International 2022;160:107072.
- Jin Z, Ma Y, Chu L, Liu Y, Dubrow R, Chen K. Predicting spatiotemporally-resolved mean air temperature over Sweden from satellite data using an ensemble model. Environmental Research. 2021;204:111960.
- Sun Z, Wang Q, Chen C, Yang Y, Yan M, Du H, Chen K, Ji J, Li T. 2021. Projection of Temperature-Related Excess Mortality by Integrating Population Adaptability Under Changing Climate — China, 2050s and 2080s[J]. China CDC Weekly 3(33): 697-701. doi: 10.46234/ccdcw2021.174
- Chu L, Du H, Li T, Lu F, Guo M, Dubrow R, Chen K. 2021. Short-term associations between particulate matter air pollution and hospital admissions through the emergency room for urinary system disease in Beijing, China: A time-series study. Environmental Pollution 117858.
- Ma Y, Pei S, Shaman J, Dubrow R, Chen K. 2021. Role of meteorological factors in the transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in the United States. Nature Communications 12(1):3602.
- Li J, Huang L, Han B, van der Kuijp TJ, Xia Y, Chen K. 2021. Exposure and perception of PM2.5 pollution on the mental stress of pregnant women. Environment International 156:106686.
- Yu H, Luo J, Chen K, Pollitt KJ, Liew Z. 2021. Solid fuels use for cooking and sleep health in adults aged 45 years and older in China. Scientific Reports 11:13304.
- Yoo E, Eum Y, Roberts J, Gao Q, Chen K. 2021. Association between extreme temperatures and emergency room visits related to mental disorders: A multi-region time-series study in New York, USA. Science of The Total Environment 792:148246.
- Wang Y, Hu J, Zhu J, Li J, Qin M, Liao H, Chen K, Wang M. 2021. Health Burden and economic impacts attributed to PM2.5 and O3 in china from 2010 to 2050 under different representative concentration pathway scenarios. Resources, Conservation and Recycling173:105731.
- Yin H, Brauer M, Zhang J, Cai W, Navrud S, Burnett R, Howard C, Deng Z, Kammen DM, Schellnhuber HJ, Chen K, et al. 2021. Global economic cost of deaths attributable to ambient PM2.5 pollution driven by population ageing. The Lancet Planetary Health 5 (6), e356-e367.
- Chen K, Breitner S, Wolf K, Stafoggia M, Sera F, Vicedo-Cabrera AM, et al. 2021. Ambient Carbon Monoxide and Daily Mortality: A Global Time-Series Study in 337 cities. The Lancet Planetary Health 5 (4):e191-e199.
- Yoo E, Eum Y, Gao Q, Chen K. 2021. Effect of extreme temperatures on daily emergency room visits for mental disorders. Environmental Science and Pollution Research 792:148246.
- Cao L, Tang Y, Cai B, Wu P, Zhang Y, Zhang F, Xin B, Lv C, Chen K, Fang K. 2021. Was it better or worse? Simulating the environmental and health impacts of emissions trading scheme in Hubei province, China. Energy 217:119427.
- Lowe SR, Wang C, Ma Y, Chen K. 2021. Particulate matter pollution and risk of outpatient visits for psychological diseases in Nanjing, China. Environmental Research 193: 110601.
- Robertson LS, Zhou L, Chen K. 2020. Temperature, precipitation, ozone pollution, and daily fatal unintentional injuries in Jiangsu Province, China during 2015–2017. Injury Epidemiology 7(1): 42.
- Ma Y, Zhou L, Chen K. 2020. Burden of cause-specific mortality attributable to heat and cold: A multicity time-series study in Jiangsu Province, China. Environment International 144:105994.
- Chen K, Vicedo-Cabrera AM, Dubrow R. 2020. Projections of ambient temperature- and air pollution-related mortality burden under combined climate change and population aging scenarios: A review. Current Environmental Health Reports 7(3):243-255.
- Chen K, Wang M, Huang C, Kinney PL, Anastas PT. 2020. Air pollution reduction and mortality benefit during the COVID-19 outbreak in China. The Lancet Planetary Health 4, e210-e212.
- Chen K, Schneider A, Cyrys J, Wolf K, Meisinger C, Heier M, Scheidt WV, Kuch B, Pitz M, Peters A, Breitner S. 2020. Hourly exposure to ultrafine particle metrics and the onset of myocardial infarction in Augsburg, Germany. Environmental Health Perspectives 128(1): 017003.
- Vicedo-Cabrera AM, Chen K. 2020. Living in a highly polluted and warmer environment: challenges for cardiovascular prevention. European Journal of Preventive Cardiology 27(5):511-512.
- Wang C, Zhu G, Zhang L, Chen K. 2020. Particulate matter pollution and hospital outpatient visits for endocrine, digestive, urological, and dermatological diseases in Nanjing, China. Environmental Pollution 261: 114205.
- Chen K, Peters A, Schneider A. 2019. Burden of myocardial infarctions attributable to heat and cold. European Heart Journal 40(41): 3440-1.
- Rai M, Breitner S, Wolf K, Peters A, Schneider A, Chen K. 2019. Impact of climate and population change on temperature-related mortality burden in Bavaria, Germany. Environmental Research Letters 14(12): 124080.
- Chen K, Breitner S, Wolf K, Rai M, Meisinger C, Heier M, Kuch B, Peters A, Schneider A. 2019. Projection of temperature-related myocardial infarction in Augsburg, Germany. Dtsch Arztebl International 116:521-527.
- Wang C, Feng L, Chen K. 2019. The impact of ambient particulate matter on hospital outpatient visits for respiratory and circulatory system disease in an urban Chinese population. Science of The Total Environment 666:672-679.
- Chen K, Breitner S, Wolf K, Hampel R, Meisinger C, Heier M, Scheidt WV, Kuch B, Peters A, Schneider A. 2019. Temporal variations in the triggering of myocardial infarction by air temperature in Augsburg, Germany, 1987 to 2017. European Heart Journal 40:1600-1608.
- Chen K, Fiore AM, Chen R, Jiang L, Jones B, Schneider A, Peters A, Bi J, Kan H, Kinney PL. 2018. Future ozone-related acute excess mortality under climate and population change scenarios in China: a modelling study. PLOS Medicine 15(7):e1002598.
- Chen K, Wolf K, Breitner S, Gasparrini A, Stafoggia M, Samoli E, et al. 2018. Two-way effect modifications of air pollution and air temperature on total natural and cardiovascular mortality in eight European urban areas. Environment International 116:186-196.
- Chen K, Wolf K, Hampel R, Stafoggia M, Breitner S, Cyrys J, et al. 2018. Does temperature-confounding control influence the modifying effect of air temperature in ozone–mortality associations? Environmental Epidemiology 2:e008.
- Huang L, Yang QQ, Li J, Chen J, He RY, Zhang C, Chen K, Dong G, Liu Y. 2017. Risk perception of heat waves and its spatial variation in Nanjing, China. International Journal of Biometeorology 62:783-794.
- Yang W, Wen L, Li SL, Chen K, Zhang WY, Shaman J. 2017. Geospatial characteristics of measles transmission in China during 2005−2014. PLOS Computational Biology 13(4): e1005474.
- Chen K, Horton RM, Bader DA, Lesk C, Jiang L, Jones B, Zhou L, Chen X, Bi J, Kinney PL. 2017. Impact of climate change on heat-related mortality in Jiangsu province, China. Environmental Pollution 224:317-325.
- Zhou L*, Chen K*, Chen X, Jing Y, Ma Z, Bi J, et al. 2017. Heat and mortality for ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke in 12 cities of Jiangsu province, China. Science of the Total Environment 601–602:271-277. (Co-first author)
- Chen K, Zhou L, Chen X, Bi J, Kinney PL. 2017. Acute effect of ozone exposure on daily mortality in seven cities of Jiangsu province, China: No clear evidence for threshold. Environmental Research 155:235-241.
- Huang C, Moran AE, Coxson PG, Yang X, Liu F, Cao J, Chen K, Wang M, He J, Goldman L, Zhao D, Kinney PL, Gu D. 2017. Potential cardiovascular and total mortality benefits of air pollution control in urban China. Circulation 136:1575-1584.
- Ma Z, Chen K, Li Z, Bi J, Huang L. 2016. Heavy metals in soils and road dusts in the mining areas of western Suzhou, china: A preliminary identification of contaminated sites. Journal of Soils and Sediments:1-11.
- Huang L, Zhou L, Chen J, Chen K, Liu Y, Chen X, et al. 2016. Acute effects of air pollution on influenza-like illness in Nanjing, China: A population-based study. Chemosphere 147:180-187.
- Chen K, Zhou L, Chen X, Ma Z, Liu Y, Huang L, Bi J, Kinney PL. 2016. Urbanization level and vulnerability to heat-related mortality in Jiangsu Province, China. Environmental Health Perspectives 124:1863-1869.
- Liao QL, Liu C, Wu HY, Jin Y, Hua M, Zhu BW, Chen K, Huang L. 2015. Association of soil cadmium contamination with ceramic industry: A case study in a Chinese town. Science of the Total Environment 514:26-32.
- Li H-b, Chen K, Juhasz AL, Huang L, Ma LQ. 2015. Childhood lead exposure in an industrial town in china: Coupling stable isotope ratios with bio-accessible lead. Environmental Science & Technology 49:5080–5087.
- Chen K, Bi J, Chen J, Chen XD, Huang L, Zhou L. 2015. Influence of heat wave definitions to the added effect of heat waves on daily mortality in Nanjing, China. Science of the Total Environment 506–507:18-25.
- Chen K, Huang L, Zhou L, Ma Z, Bi J, Li T. 2015. Spatial analysis of the effect of the 2010 heat wave on stroke mortality in Nanjing, China. Scientific Reports 5.
- Huang L, Bao W, Chen K, Bi J. 2014. The comparison analysis of Chinese public perception of earthquakes on different time scales. Natural Hazards:1-13.
- Chen K, Huang L, Yan B, Li H, Sun H, Bi J. 2014. Effect of lead pollution control on environmental and childhood blood lead Level in Nantong, China: An Interventional Study. Environmental Science & Technology 48:12930–12936.
- Chen K, Liao QL, Ma ZW, Jin Y, Hua M, Bi J, Huang L. 2014. Association of soil arsenic and nickel exposure with cancer mortality rates, a township-scale ecological study in Suzhou, China. Environmental Science and Pollution Research 1:10.
- Ma Z, Chen K, Yuan Z, Bi J, Huang L. 2013. Ecological risk assessment of heavy metals in surface sediments of six major Chinese freshwater lakes. Journal of Environmental Quality 42:341-350. PubMed PMID: 23673826.
- Chen K, Yang HB, Ma ZW, Bi J, Huang L. 2013. Influence of temperature to the short-term effects of various ozone metrics on daily mortality in Suzhou, China. Atmospheric Environment 79:119-128.